Friday, March 14, 2008

Revisited...

Well L.A. Fashion week ends later on today but all of the socialites will be partyin like rockstars throughout the weekend. And remember earlier in the week when I told you all that I would give you the scoop on Lauren Conrad and Nicky Hilton's clothing line debuts, well here it is. Now tell me you love me :)


While I normally enjoy rummaging through photos of the various Fashion Weeks across the globe, I was put into snooze mode when it came Lauren's collection. For the most part I really saw nothing new in her collection. It seems like she just took a ton of clothes from her closet, put them on the models and sent the down the runway. I can honestly say that I see no sustainability as far as high fashion goes. She stayed true to her "California Chic" statement. As you can see the basis for the line was a lot of jersey material. I wished she would have played with different fabrics a little more. Maybe I am being too hard on her, you be the judge:


Lauren had the support of many of her friends in the audience including Hills co-stars, Whitney Port (BTW: Elle Magazine reports, since leaving Teen Vogue has been working for PR firm Peoples Revolution), Audrina Patridge, Lauren "Lo" Bosworth, Franky Delgado, Brody Jenner and an irrelevant Kristin Cavallari.


Port, Patridge and Bosworths flirty party dresses sadly looked like they were taken straight from Conrad's showing (I couldn't find any reports of the designers the girls were wearing, But I think we already know). With that being said, on to Nicky at Nicholai


Nicky's showing of her latest Nicholai collection also was extremely reflective of her personal style (lots of trenches, knit tops, belted frocks and black latex leggings). In the end I believe Nicky's line could eventually evolve into a major line. Provided she buckles down and learns how to combine materials, patterns, techniques, styles, etc.

Now, I don't believe that these collections were bad collections, I just believe that they were more personal style being showcased versus actual major high fashion clothing lines. However, I do have to give it up to L.A. for using one of it's best assets, Celebrities. There is no better way than to show Paris, Milan and New York up by showcasing your celebrity talent.

**We would like to thank Mercedes Benz and Smashbox Studio's for providing some of the above images.

0 comments: