Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ANNUNCIATE!!!! (For Goodness Sake)

I was shopping earlier today and I asked the clerk for a particular item. But while I was patiently waiting for her return there was a woman behind me that said "I wonder if they carry Dul-say and Ga-banna in this store" (Dolce and Gabbana). Mind you, this isn't the first time I have heard this in stores and it drives me freaking nuts (whew, I feel so much better now). Word of advice ladies (and men) if you have decided to purchase ANYthing from a designer learn how to pronounce the designer's name. Maybe this is because my mother was hard on me when I was younger about how I pronounce different words. But, if you aren't into the label thing (yea, right) then don't worry about it, you're excused. If you wish to be taken seriously in the fashion world, consumer or designer, do yourself a favor and at least sound like you know what you are talking about. For those that innocently have trouble and wish to correct it there is a website and a book that can correct these issues. The Budget Fashionista happens to have a full list of designers, A-Z, and takes you through each name, syllable by syllable so at least you look and sound like (don't worry, I'll keep your secret) you know something about the fashion world. So go to Neiman's or Bergdorf and demand that cute Balenciaga dress properly so the clerk doesn't look at you like you contaminated.


**Image courtesy of Amazon Books on Amazon.com

0 comments: