Monday, June 16, 2008

When I Grow Up...

I used to get that question all of the time when I was a little girl. I even got that question as I graduated from both high school and college. My response to that question was, "I want to be everything." And since most of you all did not grow up with me, I'll tell you what that meant. Everything in my mind encompasses fashion designer, dream maker, visionary, singer, dancer, director, actress, entrepreneur, CEO, Creative Director, scientist, activist, psychiatrist, surgeon, lawyer, motivator, general practitioner and the funny thing is I don't even think that was the whole list. {Seven of these things, I already am but there's still more to do} However, enough about me. I remember when I finally caught the MTV Movie Awards I saw The Pussycat Dolls perform their new song "When I Grow Up" which got me to wondering what the video for it would look like.

Put it like this, remember when you were younger and people would tell you to "be careful what you ask for because you just might get it." Well I got it all right and so did The Pussycat Dolls, something they say about 90 times in the song BTW {by the way}. While for some odd reason I can't explain why I actually like this song, I do hate the video. It has 80's flashback written all over it.


0 comments: