Tuesday, April 8, 2008

The Resurgence of ICEBERG

Going to private school, I really didn't have to worry about wasting a lot of money on clothes. {yea, right} But of course being a teenager I was totally style/ fashion obsessed. Which brings me to my point, one of those clothing labels that I had a big crush on then was Iceberg, more specifically, their Iceberg History line. The company was started in 1962 by Silvo and Giuliana Gerani and is part of the Italian Gilmar group. Their line is synonymously know because of their capability to play with knits and later branching off into garments, perfume and furniture.

As I stated before the company gained a different following when they launched the Iceberg History brand, which featured America's most beloved Saturday Morning cartoons on it's trendy garments. {my ex even had a black Goofy Iceberg sweater} But about two seasons after Iceberg History came and went, the brand as a whole went back into quite seclusion. Not being seen on the runways since 2000

Imagine my surprise while thumbing through my April Harper's Bazaar, I saw a full two page spread. I couldn't contain my excitement. Hopefully the new ad campaign is a sign of good things to come and not another inkling that they are back only to fade away into the night like a thief.

0 comments: