Tuesday, April 8, 2008

CFDA.Vogue Fund & GAP

For ages now it seems like I have been on the quest to find the perfect white blouse. I have ran into ones that are super stiff {you know, like cardboard}, too sheer {50 thread count sheer}, too basic. Well you know where I'm going with this one; all of the shirts were horrible. They really sucked, well up until the CFDA/ Vogue Fund winners teamed up with Gap to produce a line of blouses last year. And alas, my search was over. Perfection. Functionality, femininity and romance all intertwined in the woven threads of 10 white shirts. Doo.Ri, Thakoon, and Rodarte were the masterminds behind the immaculate blouses that were only sold in select Gap flagship stores. All of whom were CFDA Fund winners and quite naturally I wanted to buy every shirt, which were surprisingly affordable.

Let's fast forward a year. Three As Four, Philip Crangie Jewelry, Band Of Outsiders, Michael Bastain and Phillip Lim are the new kids on block. I like this crop of shirts and that's the problem. I just like them and nothing more. There is nothing screaming at me telling me to jump up and go buy them. I'm left feeling somewhat disappointed, almost hurt. It's not all bad news. Philip Lim's shirts are beautiful {AS ALWAYS} and Band of Outsiders has a perfectly tailor-made design. Maybe my style has changed and I'm over reacting.

0 comments: