Monday, June 2, 2008

Pharrell + Vuitton = BLASON

royal crown earrings with an ascending There we're several things that I didn't get a chance to do this past weekend -like see Sex and the City movie {yes, please gasp and cry for me as I did the same thing as well}- but of the few pleasurable things that I did manage to squeeze into my weekend, coveted jewels were one of them; jewels of the Billionaire Boys Club type. I remember late summer of 2004 when I first heard of about the collaboration between legendary design house Louis Vuitton and N.E.R.D. co-founder Pharrell Williams I thought "oh this can't possibly be good, it's going to be one of those 'Guess Who's Coming to Dinner' type of deals." Then, my mind grew even more concerned when I heard rumors of Pharrell being overextended and overwhelmed from the pressure of designing a collection with the legendary French fashion house. But nearly two years later and a You Tube video of the work that Pharrell had done, I must say that he accomplished the feat of silencing any negative thought I originally had about this endeavor. The Blason Collection is here just in time for spring and includes antique staples that have been modernized like a miniature LV logo encrusted with blue diamonds, or a golden cherub brooch that is clutching a white diamond in his two little palms. Watch the video below and let us know what you think. Also, for more information about the Blason Collection check out the Louis Vuitton website.

0 comments: