Monday, May 12, 2008

Musically Obsessed: The Ting Tings

I have a confession... I am a musichead. In fact majority of my friends have disowned me on numerous occasions due to my sporadic choices in music. But thats ok, I still love them anyway. My latest guilty pleasure starts with the latest Apple commercial featuring a woman singing over an electric funk beat. I've been known to bounce around and scream like a two year old whenever that commercial comes on. The tune is extremely catchy and by the time you walk away from the TV you'll be singing the song for the rest of the day. Plus, you get the cool after affect of quoting it to break up with someone {well if you listen to the lyrics}.

Well that wonderful commercial is featuring The Ting Tings and their hit song "Shut Up and Let Me Go." Shut up and let me go/ this hurts I tell you so/ for the last time you will kiss my lips/ now shut up and let me go/ your jeans were once so clean/ I bet you changed your wardrobe since we've met/ Now oh so easily you're over me/ gone is love/ its you that ought to be holding me/ im not containable/ this turns up/ its not sustainable I have to admit, if you happen to break up with anyone, listen to this song afterwards, its the most fun you'll have. And another fun time you will have is at one of their live concerts. Go check out the Ting Tings on myspace and listen to other songs that have been released.



**Image courtesy of myspace.com

0 comments: