Thursday, May 15, 2008

How About A Snake With That Sake?

**Image courtesy of Thailand Unique

I have always been a person to mildly flirt with danger. Thats probably because I don't have to courage to go meters about the earth to bungee jump or sky dive. Majority of bugs give me the creeps and let's not even talk about how I react to the mere mention of the word spider {I'm literally shivering now}. But due to my keen sense of animals and reptilian, I seem to love to flirt with snakes, especially the really poisonous ones that can kill a person in a matter of minutes, like long before you get a chance to find the antivenin. Which brings me to my point, while reading the latest issue of Maxim, I happen to come across an article discussing the five most deadliest creatures in North America. At the end of this article, it went in to detail about a cocktail that includes rice wine {or whiskey}, venom... ohh and a previously living snake. Better known as Cobra wine or common referred to as Asian Snake Wine.

As I did some research I learned that this wonderful concoction has long been thought to be an aphrodisiac in Southeast Asian countries, as well as being used for medicinal purposes. {Although I really don't recommend it for drinking or anything else}. The wine can be created several ways, one including putting a live snake in a glass jar along with a smaller snake, usually a tree snake of some sort with the later addition of distilled rice/ grain alcohol. Since, I am an admired of cool things, I might just go buy a bottle from Asian Snake Wine Co or Thailand Unique but I can 100% guarantee you this is something that I will use for show more than tell. Besides, if you have a creepy stalker or spiteful ex, send them a bottle of this five bucks you'll never hear from them again.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought one but from another website
http://www.asiansnakewine.com/
I think that bottles are smaller on the one you say.