Monday, April 14, 2008

Stylish Little Bags

Mother's Day is coming up (aahemm!) and you know handbags are a definite "do" for me. I was looking through some things that I had stored away the other day and I saw this round, large (about a big as a dinner platter) straw, handbag, with leather handles on it. It's beautifully made and I don't know how much my grandmother paid for it or even who made the bag, but it would go for a pretty penny today! So it is in the tradition of that straw bag that I found that I bring to you today's bag's. Updated but still very chic and stylish. So here's to you Grandma, the woman that gave me her style as well as the ability to love.



Although this bag is made of leather, it still gives you that woven wicker feel. It's by Christian Dior. It's called their "Samurai 1947" Bag.
This one will set you back a bit but just remember the styles are always repeated in a much more affordable way elsewhere. This bag is available at Christian Dior, and e-luxury.







This bag is so much like my grandmothers bag it's scary. With the exception of the shape, this IS my Grandmother's bag! Just viualize it being about 14 inches round. This bag has all the features (besides the cell phone pocket) that my Grandmother's bag has. I know my Grandmothers bag is a good 70 years old, but it is in excellent shape. An uncanny resemblance right down to the closure! It's by Hobo International. They call it their " Vertical Basket Satchel." It's got twisted faux-tortoiseshell handle tops an angular wicker satchel with a soft leather flap top. The bag itself is made out of wicker and leather. It is available at Nordstrom, E-Luxury, and Saks Fifth Avenue.




Now you know in true shopper style, I just had to bring your attention to the following bags. It wouldn't be like me if I didn't. This Christian Louboutin "Small Satin Chain Bowler" stopped me in my tracks. Now, for me, that's a bag! It kind of reminds me of the change purses I used to see when I was growing up. Be honest this bags reminds you of your Grandmother too---in a good way! Available at Christian Louboutin, Nordstrom, and e-luxury.





This little bag is by Goldenblue. It's called their "Audra Patent Clutch."
Another one that reminds of Grandma and all the other ladies I knew way back when. It has a Patent leather with contrast quilted embroidery, polished gold metal hardware, link chain shoulder strap, removable coin pouch on front; attaches to bag with four snap closures, frame top with kiss-lock closure, suede lining, golden nameplate and dangling key clasp inside. It just takes me back! In a good way. It is available at e-luxury.



This whole experience just goes to show you to that you should never throw anything having to do with style and fashion out, you never know when it's going to come back or in what interpertation. Style just repeats itself in different interpretations at different seasons. If you get well made pieces they will be around for future generations to enjoy.
“Success is not doing certain things, it is doing things a certain way.”---Timothy Krupa

Lovin Life, truthis

0 comments: