Thursday, March 27, 2008

Bag Me Up Like Donatella

I love to travel and have a lot of fun in doing so, but yet I still have yet to find some luggage that I am just in love with. Then of course, I was painted envy green when I saw Donatella's luggage when she came into town last week to launch her Versace Men's lines at Barney's New York. I remember the time when I used to see pictures of her with bright pink luggage traveling from Paris to Milan and everywhere in between. Now her chosen shade has switched to purple. When speaking with the New York times Donatella said "it became tired... like black did," referring to her once favored pink Versace Luggage. Ms. Versace ushered in with roughly a dozen purple suitcases - one bag each for dresses, shoes and accessories- "All these people, they have a designer handbag, and I think: 'So what? You have Eastpak luggage.' Why should it get stolen." She said, while sipping tea in her grand suite at the Waldorf-Astoria.

I couldn't agree more, no person wants something that everyone else has. If you have an eye for something it would be the unique thing in the room. But I believe that Donatella is trying to say, if you go all out on your Gucci handbag, you should do the same for the luggage that you travel with. So ditch the nylon and polyester luggage for a brand new set of well made luxurious Italian leather bags. You'll love yourself for it and I think Donatella would too. I think instead of purple, I'll opt for a nice royal blue or sky blue. Oh and about that trim on your new luggage, “Don’t call it beige...” Ms. Versace says, call it “Blond.”


**Image courtesy of NYTimes.com

0 comments: