Monday, March 24, 2008

Another Diamond For Kimora

Well it's not what you think. Kimora Lee Simmons' 18 year old pup Zoe recently departed from her pet palace at the Simmons estate a couple of weeks ago. Since then Kimora has been looking for a way to memorialize her highly favored pup {whom, btw, had a few cameo's on her A&E reality show}. She recently told reporters at People.com that she had been looking into having her dog turned into a diamond.

"There is a company that makes diamonds out of your loved ones." [They] make diamonds from a little of the carbon from the ash, so I might do that. I might turn her into a diamond."
I don't know about the everyone else, but this is the first time that I have heard about something like this. Of course, my curiosity got the best of me and I had to search for who or what actually does this and I found LifeGem. What they do is take the carbon ash (all that you can provide) and put it through several processes that ultimately turn the ash into a diamond. If this is something that interests you, prices start at $2700 for a yellow quarter ct. diamond all the way to $25,000 for various other colors 1.5cts and above. Color spectrum: Colorless, Red, Blue, Green and Yellow. For the average person, this might be a little steep, but for Kimora we all know money doesn't mean a thing.

0 comments: