Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Common and MicroSoft=Softwear


So here’s a fashion collab we never saw coming: Rapper Common has partnered with Microsoft to create a clothing line called Softwear.

The line debuts in late December in specialty stores nationwide and t-shirts are expected to retail for around $32 a pop.

It’s pretty much what you would expect from the marriage of a rapper and a computer company - ’80s-inspired graphic tees with a tech twist, so picture green Doogie Howser-ish typeface artfully arranged to create various images. Or, in the words of Common, shirts that make you go, “Man, this is incredible artwork and I want to wear this and I want it to reflect beauty, creativity and humanity…look fly but say something, too. So some of the shirts got messages, some of it bring…all of it got a purpose.”

I like Common. He's positive, one of the good guys. So congrats. Do what you do!

Thank you Haley Phelan for this article.

"I trust my sight but not as much as my primordial ability to feel and know about any given situation."---Michelle Lovette

Lovin Life, Truth Is

0 comments: