Monday, June 9, 2008

Prada-Wide Legs or Flares


Several designers began rolling flared pants onto shelves, announcing the skinny-jean look of the last few seasons may finally be over. Prada, known for their oft eccentric extremes, really stretched the look when they re-introduced the ultra-wide mega flares of the ‘70s.
The print campaign for the Fall/Winter 2008 collection shows checkered pants that are skinny to the knee, then dramatically balloon outward. Not a look just anyone would be comfortable in.
What's old is new again. And I say, "Go on wit' yo' bad self, Prada." I personally happen to like wide leg pants. Depending upon who's doing them you get to see just how very creative the designers are. I could totally rock a pair of these pants without even giving it a second thought. They say, "Me." They are the perfect expression of me in denim, in plaid, in the pattern shown. I'm not saying I would wear them quite often but I would wear them for something different, strictly for me and if you don't like it so what! That's why there are "Individual Styles." Now I would probably have to do some serious consideration of what type of shoe I would wear. I mean I could go retro and choose a pair of wedges or I could go modern and pick a pair of stylish heels. I can think of so many different ways to wear wide legs. Looks like I'll get my chance this fall!
"I cannot give you the formula for success, but I can give you the formula for failure--which is: Try to please everybody."---Herbert Bayard Swope
Lovin Life, Truth Is

0 comments: