Wednesday, April 23, 2008

It Doens't Have To Look Organic?

**Zooey and Love & Eight "Think Green Be Cool" Hoodie made of Bamboo and Cotton

It's one thing to change all of the light bulbs in the house to those really cute swirly ones that save a tons of energy {by changing one you can save $61 and 812lbs of CO2 emissions annually}, but when you start asking fashionistas and fashionisto's alike to start giving up their Marc Jacobs and Louboutins you're crossing into totally new territory. Sort of like asking the jock in the locker room to quit being a jock type territory. Which got me to thinking, all of the organic and eco-friendly clothing that I have seen in the past years makes me want to change everything in my house and refrigerator to eco-friendly just so I can keep my compulsive shopping habit at Neimans with their plethora of leather pumps, in-organically dyed dresses and pure baby-soft cotton. So I took upon the task of finding clothing that is not only stylish but sustainable and wearable. Because as we have seen, just because it's organic and sustainable doesn't necessarily means its wearable.


0 comments: